GOUNI Appoints Information and Communication Technology Officers for Online Learning
By Bethel Okoye
To further aid students in the recently launched online teaching and learning platform, Godfrey Okoye University Enugu has appointed Faculty Information and Communication Technology Officers to handle lecturers ICT needs and online learning issues.
A statement from the ICT department and endorsed by the Vice Chancellor of the University, Reverend Father Professor Christian Anieke, said the forum replaces the use of WhatsApp group for teaching purposes, stressing that the new policy is to ensure that students benefit from the lectures.
The appointed officers are:
- Mr. Uwakwe Chidiebere, Faculty of Arts, (+234 8066853799).
- Mr. Ifeanyi Ejike, Faculty of Education (+234 7061808757).
- Mr. Umeobi Godwin, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences (+234 703577 4035).
- Mr. Obih Chosen, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Environmental Studies (+234 8168251972).
- Mr. Oyiba Michael, Faculty of Law while Celestine (+234 8064091247).
- Mr. Celestine Chinedu, General Studies (+234 8064880340).
The statement advised Lecturers to have individual forums that will be created by the Faculty ICT representatives of their faculties.
It also noted that the policy of one person being responsible for each uploaded lecture material still stands, pointing out that the ICT and the Bursary Unit will credit the note to senior staff members in event of non-adherence to guidelines.
Lecturers are advised to send assignments to their faculty ICT representative to include in their lecture notes as evidence of online teaching.
statement noted that grading of assignments and forum activities will be used
as evidence of teaching for the second semester.