last body recovered from Turkey’s flood disaster
Rescuers yesterday recovered the body of the last man reported missing in floods that hit Istanbul and northwestern Turkey this week, bringing the death toll to eight, officials said.
Torrential rains according to report hit the northern stretches of Istanbul and parts of Kirklareli province on Tuesday, sweeping away shops and tourist bungalows.
Two people died in Istanbul. The toll in Kirklareli reached six when rescuers reached the body of the last person reported missing in the disaster, identified as Ahmet Baki Simsek
The storms inundated Kirklareli’s Black Sea coast town of Igneada, which housed tourists in 18 bungalows.
Deputy Interior Minister Munir Karaloglu said an investigation had been launched into safety conditions at the tourist site.